This is a really fast and easy gluten free dish filled with flavours, a typical Chinese stir-fry with prawns, snow peas, carrots, garlic and ginger. Its simply delicious served with just steamed rice.
Stir-frying with a wok is an extremely healthy way to cook, as it utilises small amount of oil and maintains the nutrients in the food as they cook in such a rapid time. Before cooking starts, make sure that all the essential ingredients are prepared and set to be included to the wok the moment the oil is heated to the right temperature.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g king prawns shelled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cm ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 300 g snow peas topped and tailed
- 4 baby carrots or 2 large carrots peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Steamed rice to serve
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon gluten free light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten free oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon pale or medium dry sherry
- Heat up a wok with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry until lightly golden on low heat.
- Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes on medium to high heat. Then add the prawns and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and the sauce and stir-fry until snow peas are tender-crisp and prawns are cooked throughout.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.